A family is important to us and that is why we are always looking for opportunities to match our driver’s needs as professionals with a lifestyle benefiting both them and their families. At Metropolitan, we are committed to providing more pay per mile, and more miles per week while still offering the home time our drivers want and deserve. We also offer the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry today. Everyone at Metropolitan understands and appreciates that a driver has the hardest job in our company. Treating our drivers with the respect they deserve is our top priority and is one of the reasons why we have one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry. We welcome you to join our family and become a part of the most dynamic team the trucking industry has to offer.
Why Work For Metropolitan?
- Competitive Pay Packages
- Comprehensive Benefit Packages
- Assigned Equipment
- Open Door/Face-to-Face Communication
- Home Time to Meet Your Needs
- Award Programs
- Choice of Loads When Possible Family Rider Policy
Metropolitan has one of the most progressive rider policies in the trucking industry, allowing specific family members to ride along at minimal cost to the driver.
Authorized passengers under the family rider policy are:
- Spouse, which includes “common law” spouse where permitted by law …Or…
- One child, foster child, stepchild or grandchild that is 12 years of age or older. All passengers meeting the above criteria must be cleared and authorized by the Safety Department before getting on the truck.
Flexible Home Time
We understand how important it is to have quality home time and be with your family. Metropolitan has put together a flexible home time plan to fit each fleet:
- Regional drivers are home weekends.
- Road drivers(excluding Texas-based drivers) receive 2 out of every 3 weekends off.
- Texas-based Road drivers work fourteen (14) days and receive four (4) days off.
As part of the employment process, all company driver employee applicants hired by Metropolitan Trucking will be required to attend a paid three-day orientation at our facility in Bloomsburg, PA. Transportation, lodging, and meals are covered. Company drivers are paid upon successful completion of the orientation program.
Premium equipment has always been the standard at Metropolitan Trucking. The company takes a great deal of pride in our modern and well-maintained tractors, specified and equipped with driver comfort and efficiency in mind. Our policy of providing assigned tractors, which are set up on a 48-month trade-in cycle, ensures that our professional drivers share in that pride. All tractors are equipped with state-of-the-art Qualcomm communication devices, increasing driver efficiency and improving earning power. The average age of our tractors is 1.5 years.
Most of the company’s tractors are Freightliners Columbia, conventional-style equipped with:
- 455/490 horsepower Detroit Diesel Series 60 Engines
- Jake Brake engine brakes
- Eaton 10-speed transmissions
- Premium interior with cloth and carpet treatments and extra insulation
- Adjustable seats
- Inner-spring mattress
- AM/FM cassette radio with weather band and CD
- Most tractors equipped with APU units for driver comfort Our trailer-to-tractor ratio of 2.76 trailers per tractor allows us to maximum driver mileage productivity with drop and hook freight while better serving our customers.
The company utilizes the E-Z Pass transponder for ease in paying tolls in locations where E-Z Pass is authorized. This includes the Illinois toll road where I-Pass is operational. While your truck will have an assigned E-Z Pass transponder, not all travel on toll roads or turnpikes is authorized. Toll roads, and turnpikes which are authorized are approved at the time of dispatch.
Metropolitan provides a pet policy in the event that you have a dog under 25 pounds. See your instructor at orientation.
24 Hour Road Service
Metropolitan Trucking provides road service 24 hours per day, 7 days per week in the event you encounter maintenance related issues with your tractor or trailer.
The company pays its DOT qualified company drivers $100 in order to reimburse them a portion of the cost associated with securing the renewed HazMat endorsement. The payment is made at the time the renewed endorsement is presented to the Safety Department.